PDA

View Full Version : Trying to delete Historical data in Metatrader!

tcrusg
10:26,
Hi

having difficulty deleting history from metatrader!
I go into the history center and choose delete the last months data, it deletes
go to the chart and refresh and the chart still shows the last month
go back to the history centre and the last month data has reappeared!

It seems to be redownloading the data, how I could prevent that or how can do so, the only way I seem to be in a position to do so is by disconnecting from the internet entirely, launching an offline chart doesnt appear to work either...

any help appreciated!

TraesnukuSesTkr
05:44,
Delete your own username first then delete the history data.

tcrusg
07:05,
what do you mean delete my username?

TraesnukuSesTkr
08:25,
Provided that you are logged into your broker, it will automatically download a few months of information the minute that you start a chart.

In case you don't need it to do that, you must be logged away from the broker's server. The only way to do that while preserving your internet connectivity I think is to delete your account from the client that is MT4. The procedure can't be simpler. Just click on your account number in the Accounts icon on the left. Then select Delete.

If you want your current account to stay, you should put in a separate new example of MT4 client. Then within this new one, do not produce a demo account. That way if you start chart, it won't download data. You should be able to download background data from MetaQuotes although I can't be sure.

tcrusg
09:46,
Ok thanks for your reply!

so whats the point in an offline chart? (I.E. FILE gt; OPEN OFFLINE)#

I had been thinking it had been like work offline as in intenet explorer purpose

and to elaborate on why I need to do this, it's because an indior apparently cannot be changed to show results before the previous 750 bars of data, so my thinking was to eliminate the previous 750 bars so that I could test the next 750 bars!
Lol that is getting complied!
Any ideas how I might overcome that problem in itself could be great lol

TraesnukuSesTkr
11:07,
As you don't have the source codes, it can't be changed?

tcrusg
12:28,
Programmer and yes that would be right said it had been 2 hard to alter the icustom calls from the default